Sr. Data Reporting Technician – NIBRS
Pay Range: $19.08 - $23.85/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, July 1, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Data Reporting - NIBRS Technician position is available with The City of Fort Worth Police Department - Data Reporting Unit. NIBRS is a National Incident Based Reporting System where data is collected on each single crime occurrence. The ideal candidate will be responsible for auditing all Fort Worth Police Department offense reports generated to ensure all NIBRS crime data is reported correctly, including arrest and other clearances of these offenses.
The incumbent will work 1st Shift, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS and OVERTIME as necessary. 1st Shift Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. This position works four 10-hour days with three days off.
The Sr. Data Reporting Technician - NIBRS responsibilities include:
- Reviewing reports such as: homicides, aggravated assaults, assaults, use of force, narcotic offenses, sexual assaults, burglary with intent-assault, robbery, burglary, theft and arson to ensure accuracy of NIBRS coding;
- Verifying work assigned to employees for accuracy; proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications;
- Researching and retrieving information from documents for appropriate personnel;
- Gathering relevant data and compiling narratives and statistical reports;
- Performs other related duties as required;
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensure all behaviors comply with the City's Personnel Rules and Regulations.
- High school diploma/GED
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible customer service experience in an office or clerical setting.
- Three (3) years plus of data entry / production typing/quality control in data reporting;
- Knowledge of Central Square Enterprise formally known as TriTech or other Police Records Management Systems, CAD systems and/or Penal Code;
- Two (2) years NIBRS/UCR experience.
- Ability to receive NIBRS certification within 1 year of employment and continue training in Police crime reporting at least once every 2 years.
- Experience in preparing reports;
- Experience in data entry.
- Higher levels of education and experience as they relate to this position;
Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Departmentwill be subject to a fingerprint/criminal history background check and polygraph examination. Applicants must not have used marijuana during the previous two (2) years, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years.
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Environmental Conditions :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking and repetitive motions.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time; may exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; manual dexterity required.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Monday, September 26, 2022