Specialist IS Business Software Engineer
Job ID: R-114772
Location: Tampa, FL, US
Amgen is seeking a Specialist IS Business Software Engineer to join our Research & Medical Informatics (RMI) organization. The Specialist IS Software Engineer will report to the Senior Manager, Global Medical IS and will be based out of Amgen's corporate headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. This role will focus on Customer 360 initiatives, e.g. MDM Integration, Identity Management integration, New and Existing Portals, Chatbots, and additional integrations developed on the Salesforce and Mulesoft platform, business engagement, understanding & documenting the processes and providing the system, data and monitoring support for the key business capabilities globally.
The Global Medical IS team within RMI supports applications for intake of medical information requests, adverse events, product complaints and other safety findings. The team supports cross-functional users from scientific communications, pharmacovigilance operations and product quality.
Our success in Informatics is driven by our dedication to our patients, to our business clients, and to using technologies that deliver critical business value. Further, we, at Amgen, are building upon our solid oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules - and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
- Perform detailed business analysis of the processes / systems for the assigned business capability
- Elicit requirements through working with various scientific teams, developing compelling business cases for IS investments, and leading IS implementation projects to deliver value for Amgen
- Collaborate within team and with other IS teams to design and build solutions required to enable and further progress business capabilities
- Manage vendors to ensure optimal delivery of the build and run services
- Manage projects activities (enhancements, backlog reduction) from initiation to implementation
- Collaborate with the enterprise architects and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with City Planning (e.g. standard platform, architectural and development guidelines)
- Identify, define and execute POC, contribute to the exploration and understanding of new tools, and techniques
- Provide Run/DevOps support, assess and mitigate risks, analyze problems, identify root cause, corrective and preventive actions.
- Own and manage product backlog delivery
Doctorate degree OR
Master's degree and 3 years of relevant Information Systems experience OR
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant Information Systems experience OR
Associate degree and 10 years of relevant Information Systems experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant Information Systems experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills and technical expertise to be able to communicate effectively with business and technology partners
- Strong experience in business analysis and database technologies
- Salesforce Lightning, Salesforce Community, SQL, Java and Ant skills with an understanding of SVN Tortoise, RDBMS, Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of enterprise applications/platforms like Salesforce, Veeva, Mulesoft
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS technologies such as S3
- Experience in building, validating and supporting GxP systems
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (such as Sprint and Scrum) and DevOps
- Experience working in product teams and having service delivery mindset
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and technologies, work collaboratively in teams (internal and external)
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, collaboration, project management
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical industry
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.