Software Engineering Manager
About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts™ in our region, Children's Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org .
ITS Knowledge and Corporate Systems is a department within Information Technology Services that includes data warehousing, web services, corporate systems, the project management office and external services. The data warehouse group supports corporate-wide business intelligence needs. The web services group develops web applications as well as supporting the Children's internet and intranet sites. The corporate systems group develops and maintains PeopleSoft applications, including Finance, HR and Materials Management, and the Kronos application. The project management office provides direction and support for projects across Information Technology Services.
The Software Engineering Manager's role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations for the web, data warehousing and database administration teams within ITS. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas including Children's internet and intranet sites, web application development, content management systems, web system monitoring, data warehouse design, ETL processes, daily data warehouse load operations and database administration. Establishes standards and priorities for system design, development and implementation of new and/or modified systems. Evaluate business user needs against current system capabilities and plans for new technology and systems to meet those needs.
License/Certification/Registration required? No
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience in a related area.
* 10+ years experience with web technology and software development, database design and administration of SQL Server and Oracle databases, knowledge of data warehousing including, ETL processes.
* Previous management/supervisory experience leading a related technical team is preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in software Project Management.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with directors, managers, peers and employees.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required to effectively converse with individuals of different levels of business and technical knowledge.
* Ability to communicate status accurately on a timely basis.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to demonstrate user needs against current system capabilities and propose valid solutions.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership, management, planning, estimating and organizational skills.
* Successfully lead and facilitate meetings and managed sub-projects.
* Able to effectively lead through changing priorities of the company, market and customer.
* Must have the ability to take responsibility and accountability.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.