Software Engineering Manager
JazzHR is seeking an experienced, people-oriented Manager of Engineering to help lead our engineering team and play a crucial role in continuing JazzHRs rapid growth. This role is a key member of JazzHRs product and engineering leadership team. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the successful candidate will care deeply about coaching and mentoring talent, developing high-performing teams, unlocking efficiency and productivity, and creating a team culture that leverages the best our people have to offer.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in the fast-paced environment of a high-growth technology company.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage full-stack engineers of all experience levels, coaching, and mentoring them to grow and develop the overall ability of the team.
- Serve as a member of JazzHRs Product and Engineering Leadership Team to deliver meaningful solutions to our customers
- Help accelerate the delivery of customer value by driving productivity, efficiency, and predictability through removal of obstacles, optimization of team processes, and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Help facilitate relationships with 3rd party vendors to support integration and ongoing maintenance of external services
- Grow the team by being an active participant in our hiring process
- Foster and build a fun, diverse, and inclusive culture that reflects our values as an engineering team and a company
What you'll bring:
- Outstanding people-management skills, including strengths in identifying and coaching top talent
- A passion for creating and fostering good engineering practices by focusing on the growth and development of individuals and the team
- A people-first approach and a deep-rooted belief in a healthy team culture
- A desire to build great products that exceed customers expectations
- A keen ability to analyze metrics, think strategically and balance short and long term investments for ongoing team success
- Comfort level with a tech stack that includes AngularJS, TypeScript, Symfony, Spring, MySQL, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services, and Docker
- A deep understanding of agile methodologies and an ability to act as a thought leader in establishing best practices.
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We're the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries.
We're called JazzHR because we feel it's a powerful metaphor for the way our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesn't fit into a box. Jazz fans don't fit in a box. Our company certainly doesn't fit in a box, either! We're in constant pursuit of improvement. We're always developing new tools, features, and integrations to help over 6,000 businesses that trust us to help them recruit and grow their businesses.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Most recently, our team was named "Company of the Year" by the Golden Bridge Awards, a Leader in G2's Fall 2019 Reports and part of the Pittsburgh Business Times' 2019 "Fast 50" List. JazzHR was also included on the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the third year, chosen for TrustRadius's 2019 Top Rated Award and named a 2019 "Rising Star" by the ADP Marketplace. We're proud of our accomplishments - click here to see more!
Our team is at the center of everything we do. If you want to contribute to a growing organization, be challenged, and see the results of your efforts, apply to one of our open positions today!
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR