Software Engineer (594999)
Progeny Systems Corporation
Progeny Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Progeny Systems is a high-techl business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis. Progeny Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to support the Common Weapon Launcher and Multi-Tube Weapon Simulator program at our Manassas, VA location. The ideal candidate should expect to be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle, though primarily focusing on design and development of C, C++ and Java applications and Linux-based scripting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and develop software that interacts with weapon control interfaces
• Design and develop software that simulates weapons and payloads
• Integrate software services with infrastructure data synchronization capabilities
• Design software based on provided requirements, and document the design
• Design interfaces based on provided requirements, and document the interface design
• Deploy and test developed software on both virtual and physical systems
• Develop scripts in support of integration and testing activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of and experience developing in C
• Knowledge of and experience developing in C++
• Knowledge of and experience using Linux
• Knowledge of and experience writing shell scripts
• Knowledge of and experience using Java
• A quick learner and adaptable to new technologies
• Knowledge of and experience with building C and C++ applications
• Knowledge of and experience using React and Typescript
• Knowledge of and experience using Python
• Experience creating and maintaining Linux Kickstarts
• Experience with switch and network configuration
• Knowledge of and experience using Docker
• Knowledge of and experience using CI/CD products
• Knowledge of and experience working in and configuring virtualized environments - Hypervisor, Virtual Machines, Containers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree
• 0-5 years of professional/technical experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a high-tech business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)