The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
Required Qualifications (must be documented on resume):
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with object oriented languages such as Java, Ruby, or C#.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies in a fluid, professional environment.
- Experience working with SQL.
Preferred Qualifications (please document on resume, if applicable):
- Working knowledge of Git or other version control environments, Continuous Integration tools and technologies such as Jenkins or Travis.
- Experience working with large vendor solutions.
- Experience in delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
The University of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
About the Job
*Please note: This position is not eligible for H-1B or Green Card sponsorship.
Consider a career with one of the nation's largest Universities! The Office of Information Technology develops and maintains applications critical to the University of Minnesota's mission of changing lives through education, research, and outreach. To help support this mission, we are seeking a creative and motivated software developer with promising talent in web development.
Our opportunity provides you with the experience to work with a variety of technologies, including custom and vendor solutions; the opportunity to interface directly with our business units to develop requirements and exercise your problem-solving capabilities; and the chance to collaborate with our lead developers. We value professional development and invest time and resources to help our developers succeed and grow their careers. If you're seeking an organization that factors your strengths and interests into your day-to-day work, consider joining our team!
We encourage you to apply if you're a Developer who:
- Continually brings fresh ideas to the table
- Is a savvy problem solver
- Loves technology
- Is naturally curious and a lifelong learner
- Is versatile and enjoys a challenge
- Employs strong analytical skills
- Values differences and collaboration
- Sees all tasks through to completion
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Free disability insurance.
- Annual merit increase program.
- Design, code, test, review, debug, document, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs.
- Extend and integrate software packages as needed based on functional requirements provided by business units.
- Collaborate with other technical areas (Database Administration, System Administration, Change Control, etc.) to ensure application performance and availability expectations are met.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of applications and systems.
- Troubleshoot production application or website issues. Evaluate and follow through on issues and problems until resolved or escalated.
- Conduct analysis to determine and plan for new programs, system integrations, or system upgrades.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.