Senior Software Engineer (Ruby)
Trustwave Holdings, LLC
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Category: Research & Development
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Position at Trustwave
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, is seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer (Ruby) with established professional experience to join Trustwave's Engineering team. This position involves extensive technical and development work and provides a unique opportunity to act as a go-to technical lead that also crafts product vision.
- Development and maintain solutions for our distributed vulnerability scanning product.
- Lead software design and roadmap delivery conversations.
- Coordinate the work of a small team of developers by identifying and managing a feature backlog.
- Act as a technical go-to person for all day-to-day development/programming questions.
- Document requirements, designs and solutions for major product enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to prioritize development and coordinate rollout product updates.
- Coordinate testing and validation of the product on the continuously changing versions of supported operating systems.
- Extensive experience building enterprise applications with dynamic programming languages (minimum 3 years with Ruby, Python etc..).
- Strong object-oriented design and programming required.
- Experience working with Linux including, compiling and distributing software using package management tools such as apt, rpm or yum.
- Experience with GIT, GitLab and BitBucket as well as continuous integration using Jenkins and/or GitLab CI is ideal.
- Experience with Agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.).
- Familiarity with remotely managed appliance/device software is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Java including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and JUnit is also a plus.
- Desire to take a lead role in crafting the road "ahead" for a software development team.
- Enjoys acting as a go-to technical expert as well as the continuous education associated with playing that role.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
- The ability to learn quickly and curiosity are paramount skills for this position that requires knowledge of a wide breadth of technologies.
- Successful candidates will show the right balance of pragmatism and discipline needed to deliver quality software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.