Senior Software Engineer, Payments Resiliency
Who We Are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven and never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about design and development? Do you have experience building, deploying, and maintaining large-scale, distributed applications? Are you ready to take your skills to the next level and join a team of innovative self-starters in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment?
What You'll Do
- Own substantial pieces of a multi-billion dollar payroll operation
- Add capabilities to our high-volume, fault-tolerant processing infrastructure
- Integrate with banks to provide timely and accurate payments to many thousands of customers
- Grow with the modernizing payments industry, revolutionizing the way money moves nationally
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to find solutions to customer challenges
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
As a Senior Software Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing whats in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. Youre an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. Youre curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. Youre committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. Youre honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional hands-on experience
- Experience integrating with internal and external services
- A desire to improve systems with high impact and failure-cost
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment