SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (IT SECURITY)
Provides lead technical, administrative, and programming support to key organizational functions in performing system analysis, design and programming, troubleshooting, modifications, maintenance, implementation, and integration of one or more systems comprising large and /or highly complex application areas and processes; recommends new technologies to improve efficiency and ensure quality.
Example Of Duties
- Analyzes issues, designs and develops solutions, and implements complex application information systems using change control procedures based upon user priorities
- Develops systems and/or applications that are native to Oracle EBS (E-Business Suite), or other computer applications for enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and supply-chain management (SCM) processes
- Provides status of ongoing projects regarding upgrades and issues
- Supports system maintenance coordinating with Database group
- Estimates the efforts required for each task and updates supervisors
- Develops interfaces for different systems to communicate to each other
- Advises user departments and other Information Technology Services (ITS) support teams on system requirements, enhancements, and new technologies
- Provides technical direction for a team of technical staff; sets guidelines and exercises leadership skills to establish and meet target dates on large and highly complex projects involving multiple systems
- Recommends approval of system designs and interacts with user managers and department users in a senior leadership capacity
- Researches, identifies, and refers complex technical problems related to platform management, database administration, network connectivity, and desktop support to the appropriate ITS operating unit for resolution
- Advises user departments and other ITS support teams on system requirements and enhancements
- Oversees the preparation of project reports, such as technical overviews, client recommendations, alternatives to business requirements, feasibility studies, project proposals, and requests for proposals for the purchase of new software and hardware
- Monitors and leads consultants in the analysis, design, implementation, and integration of application business systems
- Leads in the evaluation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software
- Oversees the configuration, implementation, and integration of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software
- Develops software and hardware specifications and standards
- Ensures that clients have the necessary training and documents to properly utilize computer systems
- Leads the department's information security, disaster recovery, and safety programs
- Contributes to ensuring that the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and programs of Metro are carried out
May be required to perform other related job duties
Requirements For Employment
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Additional experience, as outlined below, may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis. A typical combination includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Four years of relevant experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining complex information systems in a relational database network environment
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions
- Based on assignment, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) on SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) for Office 365, or Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) preferred
Preferred Qualifications (PQs) are used to identify relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) as determined by business necessity. These criteria are considered preferred qualifications and are not intended to serve as minimum requirements for the position. PQs will help support selection decisions throughout the recruitment. In addition, applicants who possess these PQs will not automatically be selected.
The following are the preferred qualifications:
- Experience monitoring security alerts, responding to incidents, conducting investigations, and implementing security measures to protect an organization's assets.
- Experience using Python, Java, or Bash for automating security tasks, developing custom security tools, and conducting security assessments.
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments, interpreting results, and implementing measures to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities using security tools and processes.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining complex information systems in an IT Security network environment.
- Experience using security tools and technologies such as firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), SANS GIAC, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) preferred but not required.
- Theories, principles, and practices related to information systems and supported business areas
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing information systems for a public agency
- Transit data, schedules, routes, patterns, and best practices
- Oracle ADF (Application Development Framework) programming and Oracle applications
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
- Mobile application technology
- Programming languages, including PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language), Java, and Visual Basic
- Software and computer operating systems, including Linus, Unix, and network technology
- Project management techniques and tools
- Mathematics used in complex business applications
- Business process and system process modeling and problem-solving techniques
- Developing and implementing complex information systems using software engineering techniques
- Developing and implementing web-based computer applications
- Windows server administration
- Programming using .Net
- Clearly defining system integration and interface requirements
- Data analysis and data modeling
- Creative problem solving
- Using a personal computer and associated applications
- Effective oral and written communication
- Training non-technical users in a variety of applications
- Identifying opportunities for innovation
- Function as a technical lead, providing technical project management across multiple projects and concurrent tasks
- Understand current customer needs, resolve conflicting project and/or client requirements, and plan for future growth
- Analyze and evaluate system changes to determine feasibility
- Analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend and implement solutions in a cost-effective manner
- Identify and resolve conflicting project and/or client requirements
- Manage systems that are in production
- Identify errors and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, business rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts to support business processes
- Prepare reports, proposals, presentations, and correspondence in a professional manner
- Interact professionally with various levels of employees and outside representatives
- Learn new technology and complex systems
- Meet tight time constraints and project deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. RJ
*Open to the public and all Metro employeesThis job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Closing Date/Time: 22-NOV-23