Senior/Lead Service Desk Consultant (Voice & Data Repair)
Apply today for an opportunity that offers exposure to a broad technology landscape and the experience to work with a team of dedicated IT professionals! At the University of Minnesota - Office of Information Technology, we are seeking a Senior/Lead Service Desk Consultant who will provide peer leadership to the day-to-day work of a team of service desk consultants who support the voice and data network. You would use your unique talents to support this team, which is the second-tier escalation point for issues related to Academic Technology. This position will provide an opportunity to work with multiple groups, including tier one support professionals, voice and data network engineers, and university information security
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- A commitment to streamlining internal processes to create a better experience for customers.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with others, while being self-directed.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with a close attention to detail.
- Passion for learning new technology.
- Flexible and effective communication and writing skills.
- Composure when operating in a busy environment and ability to effectively manage time.
- MN State Retirement System (MSRS) pension plan - tax deferred.
- 13 paid vacation days per year (starting accrual rate), in addition to 13 paid sick days and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Annual merit increase program.
- Provide support for systems that require comprehensive knowledge and expertise of voice and data networks in a complex enterprise environment. .
- Evaluate and drive process improvements to ensure quality service delivery.
- Create and execute continuous improvement plans for creating, documenting, and implementing new solutions for technology knowledge documents.
- Serve as an escalation point for team members and other staff regarding sensitive, unresolved and/or complex issues.
- Use ticketing system to respond efficiently and accurately to customer questions, concerns, and requests.
- Oversee team's incident resolution and ensure service expectations are met.
- Exercise strong decision making skills and appropriate discretion related to severity and prioritization of incidents.
- Coordinate with management to Identify and address team training needs through observation and collaboration.
- Communicate emerging technology issues to business/systems analysts and software developers.
- Continually build knowledge of new products and service offerings to provide effective advice and guidance to users.
- Perform various special projects - documentation, sharing of information, training of peers to maintain skill levels relative to current and emerging technologies, and delivery of orientations to new University students and staff.
Required Qualifications (must be documented on resume):
- Bachelor's degree in and two years of relevant work experience, OR a combination of education and/or relevant work experience to total six (6) years.
- Experience and proficiency with multiple operating systems which could include Windows, Apple/Mac, or Linux-based operating systems.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
Preferred Qualifications (please document on resume, if applicable):
- Understanding of ITIL and its processes.
- Knowledge of IT data security policies.
- Leadership experience including, but not limited to, leading teams, supervising, and/or managing others.
- Some prior experience with course management system support, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- Experience in producing end-user documentation and/or training guides.
- Ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to either attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or agree to comply with the University's testing requirement. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
In the coming weeks the University will move from attestation to requiring all faculty and staff systemwide to submit proof of vaccination.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.