Senior IT Data Architect – Denver International Airport
About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
The Denver International Airport is looking for a Senior IT Data Architect to join our Business Technologies team. This architect will support the Airport's Enterprise data solutions focusing on Data Management activities for the Data Warehouse, Analytics, and Enterprise reporting.
Job responsibilities include:
- Act as member of the Data Analytics team for Denver International Airport
- Full performance level information technology work developing, implementing, and maintaining complex, large-scale business and enterprise data models; developing and maintaining enterprise-wide data architecture, governance, processes and tools; and serves as a technical expert to the organization in the use of enterprise and business data systems
- Develop the processes and procedures for enterprise data solutions that allows our Enterprise Applications like Maximo, Workday Financials and PROPWorks to be integrated together for analysis and reporting
- Research and evaluate new technological advances in the external technology marketplace to assess current practices for compliance with DEN's information systems requirements
- Develop solutions to address current and future information system needs and create process improvements and controls. Works closely with the business and Business Technologies colleagues to identify opportunities to: utilize information systems to improve business processes; promote the strategic use of information while enabling seamless access to information
- Interacts with business community to understand and document requirements for their data needs
- Provides prototyping solutions, prepares test scripts, conduct testing for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses
- Maintains knowledge of software tools, languages, scripts, and shells that effectively support the data warehouse environment in different operating system environment
- Must have an extensive knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts
- Leads the design and support of data architecture, database design and integration, transformations, and load processes
- Performs data analysis to design and develop appropriate design models for warehouse and analytical models
- Translates client user requirements into data flows and data mappings
- Troubleshoots and provides technical assistance in the use and understanding of existing data solutions
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise-wide data solutions
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for individuals that have an excellent professional attitude with strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills. This is a customer facing position and requires that the resource approach all work tasks and business relationships with the internal project team, external vendors and other support resources in a highly professional manner. In addition, we are looking for candidates with some or all the following:
Skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and technologies such as dimensional modeling, data marts, star schemas, facts and dimensions
- Experience with data modelling techniques and tools, including dimensional modelling
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Data Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Extensive experiencing building highly efficient SSIS ETL packages sourcing data from multiple data sources
- Experience developing business services for analytics, reporting and data transformation
Technologies and systems:
- Microsoft Data Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Microsoft Azure Data and Analytics technologies (e.g. Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Analytic Services, Azure Databricks, Data Factory, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics, Data Lake Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Event Hubs, Azure Data Explorer)
- Extracting information via Restful webservices (including JSON)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional information technology experience developing and maintaining enterprise-wide data architecture, to include two years at the type and of the level of the Associate Data Architect
- Licensures/Certification(s): None
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education; Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CI2867 IT Data Architect Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$90,016.00 - $148,526.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.