Senior Human Resources Data Analyst – Office of Human Resources
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed,at a city site and/or in the field at least two days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) helps organizations within Denver government achieve business outcomes through thought leadership, investing in employee engagement, and by implementing practices that promote diversity and inclusion.By leveraging individual strengths and influencing greater citywide collaboration, we set the stage for the City and County of Denver to have the most significant impact within the communities we serve.
The Human Resources Technology and Innovation Team (HRTI) is seeking a solution oriented, and customer focused Senior HR Data Analyst join us in delivering data-related solutions touching on a wide range of the employee experience to attract and develop the city's most important resources, our people.
We are looking for a team player who has the desire to provide direction and solutions in the areas of pre-employment assessments, HR analytics, dashboard development, survey design and administration, and workforce analysis for the second largest employer in the state of Colorado with over 14,000 employees.
In this role you will work with vendors and independently to design and administer pre-employment assessment tools. The city leverages Workday and in this role you will utilize this tool to deliver workforce insights and aid in the attraction and development of staff. This person will work directly with a team of highly skilled professionals who manage the Human Capital Management (HCM) function for the City and County of Denver.
In this Senior HR Data Analyst position, you will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for city leaders in the areas of employee assessment and workforce analytics
- Oversee the design and administration of the citywide pre-employment assessment program
- Consult with other areas of OHR to ensure alignment of assessment content to other initiatives, such as employee development courses, employee engagement efforts, and customer service initiatives
- Collaborate with appointees, managers at various levels and stakeholders on various projects to achieve strategic objectives of the city
- Perform technical work such as job analyses, test validation studies, dashboard creation, survey design and data analysis to align the city workforce with strategic objectives
- Fulfill unique ad hoc workforce analytics requests and secondary research that guide citywide strategic decision-making
- Conduct unique, controversial, and/or complex projects/assignments with undefined parameters to resolve exceptionally sensitive, viable, and/or controversial issues and understands the broad implications and long-range impacts to the city and/or department
- Perform data collection and analysis pertaining to a broad range of complex human resources management related problems, issues, and situations and writes reports on recommended course of action
- Present findings and recommendations to department managers and/or boards/commissions to gain support and approval of proposed recommendations and implementation strategies
Our ideal candidate has some or all the following experience, skills, and characteristics:
- Education or practical experience in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or Business Administration.
- Design and administration of pre-employment assessments
- HR analytics development and maintenance
- Survey design and administration
- Collaborative teammate
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field
- Experience Five (5) years of professional human resources experience
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- License/Certifications: None
About Everything Else
CA2999 HR Data Analyst Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$78,718.00 - $129,885.00
Based on experience and education
Office of Human Resources
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.