Senior Development Data Analyst (Development Specialist II)
Full-time position available with the City Planning & Development Department, Long Range Planning Division located at 414 East 12th Street
Salary Range: $5,173-$7,759/month
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., *telework available 1 day per week after probationary period
Application Deadline Date: November 27, 2023
- Successful candidate will work in the City Planning & Development Department's GIS and data workgroup in all activities pertaining to urban planning and development, including but not limited to geographic information systems (GIS), Census data, and development activity data.
- Manages and maintains GIS data and performs workflows associated with mapping, GIS analysis, data reports and dashboards, professional graphics, document creation, and trend analysis/forecasts.
- Builds and maintains department related databases and spatial data.
- Supports long range planning projects by providing related data, charts, tables and maps and oversees the layout and formatting of planning documents.
- Analyzes spatial data using mapping software to identify patterns and trends.
- Designs digital, static, and interactive maps, graphics and dashboards to display geographic data and other data sources.
- Acts as a data liaison for the City Planning department by working with other city departments and outside agencies to procure and employ new, innovative data solutions.
- Makes presentations to the City Council or other groups as needed.
- Represents the City on regional forecasting committee.
- May operate a drone to capture aerial data.
- Maintains FAA records for legal drone operations and required maintenance.
- Performs related duties as required.
REQUIRES an accredited Bachelor's degree and 4 years professional experience in economic or community development work, planning, building codes administration, engineering, architecture, neighborhood development programs or related;OR an accredited Master's degree in economics, sociology, multi-disciplinary social science or urban affairs, urban planning, public or business administration, engineering, architecture or a related field and 2 years professional experience in economic or community development work, planning, building codes administration, engineering, architecture, neighborhood development programs; OR an equivalent combination of qualifying education and experience. Preference given to candidates who possess extensive experience and knowledge of GIS systems and working with large data sets.
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).