Senior BI Data Analyst
At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities - but exceed them, every day.
We know that a "one-size-fits-all" approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Senior BI Data Analyst to be based at Key Tower in Downtown Cleveland!
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst provides, companywide strategic, analytical and technical support for BI activities. Will act as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community. Heavily involved in the development and successful delivery of Power BI dashboards and reports. The Senior BI Data Analyst serves as a key contributor in Master Data Management and data governance, and acts as a champion for existing and new products, services, tools and platforms to advance the overall analytics capabilities of Brookfield Multifamily and other Brookfield sectors. The individual in this position will need to (1)adhere to established Brookfield Core Values of Service, Integrity, Team, Results and Innovation; (2)promote and lead in accordance with Multifamily Technology Operating Principles: Focused & Driven, Structured & Disciplined, Innovative & Results Oriented, Flexible & Adaptable, and Customer Service Obsession with Sense of Urgency; and (3)serve as a cultural ambassador to support the Multifamily Technology Vision of delivering best-in-class technology products and services.
- Design and Build - With advanced Power BI skills design, build and deliver visualizations, reports and queries in support of sector performance goals while adhering to best practices for design and data governance. Partner with Data Scientists in experimental design, data quality (availability, accuracy, consistency, reliability) and implementation, whether through continued iterations or operationalizing via integrations or visualizations.
- Data, Platform and Tool Management - Review and validate data as it is collected. Serve as a data steward to enable continuous improvement in data quality and influence the data governance framework surrounding the capture and consumption of critical data points. Actively participate in documentation of data, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD), Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) and data dictionaries.
- Collaboration and Engagement - Lead the analyst community with an expertise in Power BI visualization/dashboards. Understand the organization's data, definitions, use cases, and available reporting and analysis tools. Create and provide training and formal documentation of delivered solutions. Act as a liaison between various departments to ensure seamless aggregation and integrity of financial and operations data.
- Organizational Process Change - Identify reporting issues created by data inconsistencies. Work to identify and map data issues to operational process and procedures. Educate business leaders and process owners to influence changes to address inconsistencies. Work with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
- This position requires an Undergraduate (Bachelor) Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Finance, Economics, Business Analytics, MIS, or Data Visualization.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position includes: Master's degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Finance, Economics, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Data Visualization.
- 5+ years of experience in development of visualizations, queries, reports and financial analyses/models in analytical positions of increasing responsibility (business/financial data/systems analyst to senior analyst, etc.) is required.
- 5+ years of experience in MS Office products to include Power BI visualizations and excel modeling is required.
- 5+ years of experience in working with large datasets, and proficiency with data modeling/data warehousing concepts is required.
- 5+ years of experience in Multifamily Operations or Real Estate business knowledge and Real Page software product experience to include OneSite and LRO or equivalent revenue management software exposure is preferred.
- Required skills for this position include:
- Data and content design - logical
- Detail oriented with excellent time management
- Oral and written communication
- Customer oriented with a passion for problem solving
- Develop working relationships with top business and technical leads
- Decision making and problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Preferred skills for this position include:
- Knowledge of Multifamily Real Estate Operations and Analytics
- This position requires up to 20%
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace