Safety Security Data Analyst
The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly 100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District's core values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality, teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are provided.
Continuous Recruitiment Until Filled
The Safety & Security Data Analyst reports to the Deputy Director Safety and Security and will work closely with the Chief Safety Officer, Rail. The Safety & Security Data Analyst will work 50% with District Safety and Security and 50% with Rail Safety and will be responsible for collecting data, assessing, reporting, and providing insights on the programs operated by the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) and Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain).
Sufficient experience, tr aining and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. In lieu of a degree, work-related experience that demonstrates the skills and experience necessary to perform this role will be accepted. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or closely related field.
- Two years of full-time working experience in a data analysis role using MS, Excel, R, Python, etc.
- Must possess advanced-level MS Excel skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience with project management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Process and analyze safety related data collected from vendors and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC).
- Analyze safety related information to discover trends and patterns. Develop and create a repository of safety information.
- Create data models to monitor the performance and quality of the safety program to address business compliance.
- Recommend solutions to business challenges.
- Lead and/or participate in safety related working groups for SamTrans and Caltrain.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Participate and/or develop the requirements for databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques to provide ongoing reports.
- Present the data models and trend/patterns analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze data and make operational recommendations from key safety and performance data (accidents, incidents, near misses, lag & lead indicators).
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect oneself, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
- To apply, please visit the https://www.caltrain.com/about-caltrain/jobs . Complete an online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Open until filled. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire (If required). Incomplete application will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308.
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The process may include written and skills test assessments or supplemental questions and will require a panel interview. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process.
$1,414 - $2,120 weekly ($73,494 - $110,241 estimated annually)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
For further Benefits details please go to: https://www.caltrain.com/about-caltrain/jobs/employee-benefits
Holidays: Seven (7) paid holidays, plus up to four (4) floating holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 26 days per year
Cafeteria Plan: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance, and more
Transportation: Free bus transportation for employees and qualified dependents
Retirement: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS)
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3-year average of highest compensation
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3-year average of highest compensation