Research Data Associate
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
***All required qualifications must be listed on application materials***
- BA/BS in a related field, or a combination of education and experience to total four years
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Powerpoint, & Word)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, collect, and organize data for research
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Computer proficiency, and ability to navigate multiple software applications
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team and with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing databases in REDCap
- Experience querying datasets in SQL
- Experience with computerized data management in a healthcare setting, including electronic medical records
- Experience in an academic medicine setting
About the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to support pediatric research databases. This includes facilitating the compliance activities as it pertains to the collection and management of clinical research data with the expectation of following and promoting data standards and best practices. This position reports to the team's Data Manager, but is accountable to the program leaders, the physician-investigators, and members of the clinical research team.
Research Data Management (90%)
Support the development and management of numerous research study-specific databases
Work with Pediatric Investigators and the study team to develop data management plans
Assist the Data Manager in the administration of data repositories in various pediatric subspecialty areas
Partner with Investigators and CTSI's BPIC team as needed to define and obtain research data sets from the Information Exchange
Enter, query, extract, and transfer patient data as needed
Support the Data Manager in preparing and presenting research data
Ensure that the use of health data for research follows University policies and federal regulations
Research Operations and Process Improvement (5%)
Quality control and quality assurance
Attend professional development and training sessions to ensure compliance with newest policies and procedures
Support other special projects and program initiatives as directed
Mentorship and Training (5%)
Mentor clinical research staff in data management
Assist in identifying, developing, discussing, and implementing new procedures
Assist with quality monitoring according to departmental procedures
About the Department
At University of Minnesota Department of Pediatrics, our experts, care teams and researchers are illuminating cures that save young lives. Our ground-breaking treatments are improving the lives of children who are ill or injured, and are becoming the standards of care for children across the country and around the world.
The Pediatric Clinical Research Services program serves the University's research mission by providing comprehensive research support to faculty investigators conducting medical research in neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. We accomplish our mission by 1) developing competent professionals specialized in pediatric clinical research, 2) creating effective and efficient pathways for conducting compliant clinical research, and 3) fostering a participant-centric research culture.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
- Excellent retirement plans with employer match
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
- Student loan forgiveness opportunity
- Opportunities for growth and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: