Report Writer/Data Analyst (518234)
Under general supervision of the Director of Customer and Business Services, the Facilities Report Writer/Data Analyst is responsible for preparing data analytics, compiling work related metrics, report writing from department databases and being the departments first point of contact with technology troubleshooting (specifically the department's Integrated Workplace Management System called Planon).
Facilities Management and Development (FMD), a unit within the Administration and Finance Division (AFD), is responsible for the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance, and repair of university facilities, grounds, and infrastructure. FMD consists of four critical and interdependent support departments, including Customer & Business Services; Environmental Health & Safety; Facilities Planning & Capital Projects; and Facilities Operations. In support of the Cal Poly mission, the FMD department is committed to sustainability, responsible stewardship of natural resources, and promoting an inclusive culture that values individual and organizational integrity, civility, equity, and diversity.
- Thorough knowledge of data information systems, associated reporting software, and the relationships between data elements.
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and evaluate software functionality through technical documents and testing, perform fit-gap analyses, and design and document efficient and effective business practices.
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to drop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies, procedures, or solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze facilities software modules and data requirements and research data availability and access methods.
- Ability to write and perform audits for data integrity management.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. Four years of technical or administrative experience. A graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Salary and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Range: $60,000 - $75,000 Per Year
Classification Range: $56,316 - $75,000 Per Year
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our benefits website for additional information.
Cal Poly is a nationally-ranked public university located in San Luis Obispo, California, and known for its Learn by Doing philosophy. Each year more than 20,000 top-tier students come to San Luis Obispo to put knowledge into action, taking their learning outside the classroom as they prepare for careers in engineering, agriculture, science, business, humanities and the built environment. Cal Poly's hands-on philosophy, small class sizes and close student-faculty mentorships result in graduates ready from day one to impact their communities, California and the world. For more information, visit calpoly.edu.
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. Cal Poly is an equal opportunity employer.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H-1B visas).
Positions are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled