New Graduate Data Analyst
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States,
Req ID: 30678
About the Organization:
Discovery Direct-to-Consumer is the technology arm of Discovery Inc.
We work at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility, continuously leveraging technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We are building a global streaming video platform and a suite of applications to support all our global Discovery owned brands. These include DiscoveryGo, Food Network Plus, GolfTV, MotorTrend on Demand, Eurosport Player, Discovery plus, and many more. We build experiences ranging from traditional video streaming, to highly interactive and immersive applications. We build across connected TV, web, mobile and consoles and are fast, nimble and have fun building world-class products for our iconic brands.
About the Team:
The Data Science and Analytics team is focused on driving better understanding of our customers through data and scientific methods. We do so by collecting data, applying business logic to the data and converting that data into reports and insights. We also leverage machine learning to improve the customer experience across our products. We are an end-to-end analytics team, and have skills within the team to ingest, collect, clean, transform data and explore, report, build models and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to make meaningful impact in the organization.
Why Join the Discovery Team?
Discovery's Direct-to- Consumer team offers a truly unique experience. As a Graduate Data Scientist, you'll make an almost immediate impact, helping to create world class global streaming products and the platform that powers them. You'll be able to build features that help to refine the modern viewing experience for millions. We're a global team, but with many of the benefits of working in a start-up environment, building from the ground up. We encourage our scientists to take educated risks, we celebrate mistakes, and we learn from them as a team. You'll also work with and learn from highly talented data scientists, using cutting-edge technology to deliver immense value for passionate superfans around the world. We have a genuinely open culture and expect great ideas to come from everyone and look forward to the fresh perspective and new ideas our graduates bring!
Key Features of the Program:
- Project Assignments: Individuals joining the program will gain experience building world-class, innovative consumer facing products and features, for globally recognized entertainment brands, consumed by millions of superfans across the globe, using the news technologies and methodologies.
- Onboarding and Bootcamp: Our bootcamp is designed to accelerate impact, by immersing our graduates in all things Discovery Direct-to-Consumer. It's an opportunity to establish your network and lay a foundation that allows you to confidently dive into the complex challenges you'll be solving everyday.
- Mentorship Program: You'll be aligned with a mentor who will act as a guide and informally help you navigate your first year as a Data Scientist, grow your network, and gain exposure to areas of interest outside of your day-to-day.
- Career Coaching: During your first months here, you'll receive tailored career advice and guidance from experienced DS's, and leaders who have been where you are, and will share useful tips and insights into how they have successfully navigated their careers.
- Global Network and Opportunities: Our Data team works across different regions, countries, and cultures to create a seamless experience for our customers regardless of geography. This program will provide organic and structured opportunities to build effective and meaningful relationships with fellow DS's from across the globe.
- Accelerated Growth: We've brought together a team of the industry's best to re-imagine the viewing experience and build phenomenal products and experiences from the ground up. As the newest members of the team, you'll experience continuous growth and development and ultimately have the opportunity to determine and pursue the type of work that excites and challenges you.
- Compensation: Competitive base salary, incentive bonus, and comprehensive benefits package.
What you need to know about the DTC New Graduate 2022 Program Application Process:
- Our Program starts on July 25th, 2022.
- This is a full-time, salaried role.
- The application deadline is January 1st, 2022. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
We are interviewing through early 2022. A Discovery DTC Tech team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open New Grad position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
What you will do:
- Create world-class global streaming products and the platform that powers them.
- Develop your area of expertise on the features and services you help build along with a group of talented Data Scientists.
- Take end to end ownership of product features and own the technical and operational excellence of these products.
- Contribute to the product and services development process; Design and test your own hypothesis by collecting and measuring data.
What We're Looking For:
- In addition to academic qualifications, we look for proactive problem solvers, motivated to learn and able to collaborate and exchange ideas and most importantly be a team player.
- Degree in Data Science or related field.
- Data experience coding in a general-purpose programming language.
- Prior Intern experience as a DS in a consumer-focused company.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Effective communication skills in both verbal and written communication.
- Desire to work on a diverse team.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, mobile and OTT client apps, video streaming, codecs, video delivery and broadcast workflows is a big plus.
- Must be a current student graduating by June 2022.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.