Events Marketing Manager
What We're Looking For:
Events marketing has been turned upside down since the start of 2020. With no more conferences, trade shows, roundtables or seminars to attend, the best companies have found a way to adapt to a digital-first strategy instead. This has certainly been true at NetMotion, as online events have become one of the most successful and most important corners of our business - we're looking for someone with the energy, organization and creativity to help us take it up another gear.
From our famous 'wine webinars' to mapping out the future return to physical events, we hope to find someone to own our global events strategy, working with the marketing programs team and the CMO to lead, develop and execute a white-hot events plan for 2021 and beyond. The team is growing fast (it's tripled in size in the last two years), and you'll be helping the company to continue its global expansion.
NetMotion is a rare breed of company in that it enjoys a well-established legacy of almost two decades but is also experiencing rapid growth and operates just like a startup might - meaning lots of autonomy and a real opportunity to thrive. If you're successful in joining the team here you'll be working at a network security company that builds products that its 3500+ customers genuinely love (no, really ... our NPS is 91 and our renewal rate is 97%!). We're doing some unique things and are busily releasing features that no one else in the market comes close to competing with.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace environment you'd excel in, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Owning the company's events strategy, managing a core area of the marketing team
- Responsibility for the large global events budget, figuring out the best bang for our buck with sponsorships and participation in conferences/expos
- Management of our company swag - we want your creative ideas for memorable giveaways, as well as careful management of costs, delivery and operations
- Global lead on our wildly successful wine webinar program, which has so far delivered millions of dollars in new sales
- Planning with the programs team to figure out the best tools, technologies and processes for maximizing the effectiveness of events (before, during and after they happen)
- Working alongside the rest of marketing as the lead on other fun projects, from virtual parties to quarterly company meetings
- Plenty of other tasks and projects; this is a very diverse role with lots of opportunity for progress
We know that excellent people can come from pretty much anywhere. While there are certain things we look for, that doesn't mean we're so strict that we ignore applications from outside that criteria. If you think you're a good fit, there's a good chance we will too. Here are the kind of things we consider valuable experience to be successful in this role:
- Experience in events or marketing environments - or, of course, both. The most relevant experience would be in software and/or B2B organizations.
- Familiarity with highly autonomous work styles. Your peers and your management will provide you with the nurture, feedback, support and training you need, but ultimately you must be capable of self-directed working.
- Being able to excel individually and as part of a team, as events often involve a lot of stakeholders and personalities to manage
- Education is important, although not essential. Business and marketing degrees are particularly valuable.
- People with background in small companies (and especially startups) will feel right at home. We're at about 190 people, where everyone knows each other by name and every single one of us counts, so the culture can be very different for those used to larger organizations.
- Sharp communication skills can be the difference between wild success and disappointing failure. Smart presentation abilities and a talent in crafting compelling written content will be hugely important in deciding who will be the best candidate.
- Organized, proactive and warm people will thrive in this position
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
Why You'll Love It Here:
- Health and life benefits, along with a competitive 401k plan and a company match
- Flexible vacation, company paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and paid parental leave
- Commuting and fitness benefits
- Monthly morale events and random treat days!
NetMotion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; national origin; ancestry; religion; creed; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; marital status; economic status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; age; veteran status; or the use of a service animal.