The Drafter II creates and revise technical drawings based on rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions. The Drafter II will work with engineers and manufacturing personnel, who will provide the product technical data. The Drafter II will incorporate these specifications into drawings for manufacture, maintenance, or repair of the products. Duties include collecting measurement data, creating new models and drawings, updating existing drawings, creating files for CNC and Waterjet, and finalizing the drawing package. Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical calculations and research involving precedents, manufactures' catalogs, and technical guides.
Essential Job Functions:
• Uses ASME/ ANSI standards CAD design and drafting techniques and skills.
• Produces CAD format drawings from the data and instructions received from the engineers.
• Ensures all CAD drawings are correct.
• Works within the SolidWorks EPDM system.
• Read and comprehend all trade drawings and documents.
• Attends engineering design meetings as required.
• S upports production. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Possesses a good understanding of ASME/ANSI drawing standards.
• Minimum experience of three (3) years with SolidWorks or similar 3D design software.
• Minimum experience of two (2) year with AutoCAD or similar 2Ddesign software.
• Experience with SolidWorks EPDM desired.
• Has a good mechanical and conceptual aptitude.
• Takes direction and from senior drafters and management.
• Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent plus four (4) years related work experience in CAD design and drafting, or;
• Associates Degree in CAD or drafting studies, plus two (2)years' related work experience in CAD design and drafting.
• Intermediate proficiency with AutoCAD (electrical and mechanical drafting).
• Intermediate proficiency with SolidWorks (mechanical design and drafting).
LSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification and drug testing.