Data Reporting Technician
Pay Range: $33,210 - $41,513 annual compensation
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Data Reporting Technician position is available with The City of Fort Worth Police Department Police Data Reporting Unit. This position will primary be responsible for performing a wide variety of general customer services in support of the Police Department to include responding to questions and inquiries from the general public regarding program operations.
The Data Reporting Technician job responsibilities include:
- Returns telephone calls to citizens who have been victims of a criminal offense in order to document the specific offense or incident
- Records type of offense, time of call, name of caller, service number of report and other pertinent information
- Determines elements of the crime as defined by the Texas Penal Code for use in a court of law
- Performs a variety of general clerical functions; maintains and updates complex computer systems; processes forms, reports and prepares general correspondence; researches computer generated files and records
- Responds to customer inquiries in a timely and efficient manner; resolves problems within area of assignment; explains applicable policies and procedures
- Maintains detailed and accurate files and records of police offense reports and correspondence
- Performs related duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED certification
- PLUS two (2) years of directly related clerical or data reporting experience
- Two (2) years plus of extensive telephone and public contact
- Two (2) years plus of data entry/production typing
- Experience in preparing/transcribing reports
- Knowledge of Tiburon or other Police Records Management Systems, CAD systems and/or Penal Code
- Prior law enforcement experience
- Ability to learn new computer programs and type up information received
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Higher levels of education and experience as they relate to this position
This position will be required to work 2 nd or 3 rd shift, weekends and holidays. Also work outside in inclement weather as needed. This is a 24 hour 7 day a week operation including weekends and holidays. Shift hours vary: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.; 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY: $0.50/hour for 2 nd Shift and $0.75/hour for 3 rd Shift.
All candidates of the City of Fort Worth Police Department must be able to pass:
- An extensive background check
- A Polygraph examination
- A pre-employment drug screen
- A CJIS fingerprint background check
- All candidates for this position must maintain a Valid Texas Driver's license
Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Department will be subject to a fingerprint/criminal history background check and polygraph examination.
Applicants must not have used marijuana during the previous two (2) years, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Tuesday, April 27, 2021