Data Analytics Consultant, Analytics to Innovate Services
Campus ManagementThe Data Analytics Consultant is responsible for the design and implementation of strategic services for Anthology's analytics tools. Data Analytics Consultants should be able to lead opportunity identification and analysis, determine need/areas of focus, and oversee the development and deployment of analytic tools and methods within the platform. This role balances a project's business needs while meeting functional and non-functional requirements. In addition to their analytics knowledge, Data Analytics Consultants need to have the ability to engage with business users and decision makers at all levels.
This role will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align analytics investments with strategic advising. The ideal Data Analytics Consultants will have a passion for data and analytics as well as a unique ability to provide strategic advantage for customers through innovative solutions.
- Implements strategic services based on industry best practices as well as to solve customer's needs/areas of focus
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on the use and application of data as a source of innovation and an economic engine for institutional effectiveness
- Serves as a central department or function to oversee and manage the use of analytics at an institution with a focus on improved consistency and quality of data
- Provides senior leaders with analysis and advisement while leveraging cross-portfolio knowledge and best practices experience
- Contributes to the design and engineering of analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage
- Provides critical guidance and support from pre-sales through the remainder of the project lifecycle
- Partners with Functional and Technical teams to establish an architectural plan across solution area(s), in consideration of the product roadmaps
- Manages shared responsibility during implementation to ensure services are executed with integrity and documentation is adhered to
- Follows the use of the prescribed Anthology implementation methodology; understands the key activities and deliverables for the client engagement and internal projects
- Provides thought leadership on analytics solutions that benefit customers
- Drives continuous process improvement in the implementation methodology and best practices
- Conducts in-progress project reviews to ensure compliance with project goals and operability of solution. Works with the project team to manage the quality of the deliverable throughout the project life cycle.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for overall project success
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in higher education with focus on strategic, operational, and institutional effectiveness preferred
- Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with relational database management (i.e., queries, reporting, and administration)
- 5+ years working with project teams in software installation, configuration, customization, or implementation
- Strong understanding and experience of the principles and operations of business intelligence, data visualization, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms
- Working knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies to explain Anthology products and services
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements, and architecture conversations with all stakeholders
- Proven track record building customer relationships, persuading and influencing decisions, and overcoming objections
- Highly developed networking skills to establish strong relationships internally to achieve results
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations, train-the-trainer sessions and/or online/web cast training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.