Contracts and Pricing Manager – Data, Technology & Analytics Lead
Job ID: R-115560
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US
As a member of the US Value & Access team, theManager, Contracts and Pricing Operations willreport to the Senior Manager, Contract and Pricing Operations Center of Excellence and be part of Contracts and Pricing Operations (C&P Ops) team within Value, Coverage & Pricing Strategy & Operations (VCPO) organization. The C&P Ops team is responsible for providing accurate and timely execution of Commercial Discounts and Government Reporting. The Contracts and Pricing Operations Center of Excellence (C&P Ops COE) team, which is an integral part of C&P Ops team, is responsible for managing portfolio of C&P Ops systems, delivering technological and system solutions, data analysis and governance, enabling analytics and reporting, and transformational business capabilities to drive optimized execution of C&P Ops business processes
This role, under C&P Ops COE, will serve as a Data, Technology, Analytics and Reporting and Transformation Lead and will be responsible for delivering technological solutions and enabling business capabilities to optimize business processes across all of the service areas within C&P Ops
Responsibilities include the role of lead liaison with internal and external contacts impacting C&P Ops in the areas including, but not limited to, a contact for data, analytics and reporting needs, demand management, prioritization, and developing and implementing critical processes, analytics and reporting, and transformation
This role works closely with cross functional teams including Coverage & Pricing, Information Systems, CIM, Trade Operations, Compliance, Internal Audit and External Partners.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide technical expertise, including project management, for Data, Technology, Analytics and Reporting and Transformation workstream supporting all service areas within C&P Ops
- Serve as a contact for C&P Ops for data, analytics and reporting needs including demand planning, prioritization and issue resolution
- Manage data, analytics and reporting demands and facilitate the prioritization with the leadership and work with IS team and business leads to successfully develop, test and implement analytics and reporting business capabilities
- Assist business in meeting demand by developing and delivering data, analytics and reporting and transformational solutions using extensive experience with analytical tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Develop and implement data ownership and governance processes by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with our IS team to understand technological landscape and bring relevant technologies to business teams to drive optimal business process execution
- Partner with C&P Ops business leads in delivering on and increasing adoption of transformational initiatives
- Use of strong and persuasive verbal communication skills to execute and communicate effectively in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment including presenting to leadership
- Complete various special projects, analyses and reporting including participating in initiatives in areas related to process optimization
- Master's degree and 2 years of experience in either sales operations, data & analytics, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance OR
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in either sales operations, data & analytics, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance OR
- Associate's degree and 10 years of experience in either sales operations, data & analytics, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in either sales operations, data & analytics, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance
- Systems experience, data analysis and governance, and technical expertise including hands-on experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and other analytical toolsets.
- Demonstrated experience working as an agent of change within a dynamic organization including specific experiences in project management and lean process improvement
- Demonstrated experience solving analytical and complex business problems and comfort in dealing with ambiguity in determining an appropriate path forward
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence personnel across functions and levels
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control frameworks, audit standards, or compliance protocols
- Self-motivated, identifies, recommends, manages and lead multiple deliverables simultaneously to completion against competing/challenging timelines that support the needs of the business
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and help formulate decisions and recommendations for approach
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.