The Configuration Specialist administers the Engineering tools (CAD, PDM, 3D printer, ROMER Arm) and Configuration Management tools (ECP, ECN) for LSI training devices. This includes installation, support, problem solving, procedures, training and licensing. Work is regularly assigned by self, supervisor, and departmental staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to exercise prudent judgment, decision making, and analytical skills to determine manner and operational steps necessary to properly handle inquiries and perform daily tasks within professional standards.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with IT in the installation and configuration of client software, and server structure for engineering tools.
• Develop procedures and training for users. Document and train users in best practices.
• Administer user settings and access. Coordinate with IT as needed.
• Develops workflows.
• Develops data vaults.
• Maintain list of licenses, and track renewals.
• Develop budget for all engineering tools. Coordinate with Engineering Management.
• Monitors engineering tools and CM tools efficiencies and recommends improvements to increase efficiency.
• Develops data exchange between engineering and manufacturing (i.e E2 data exchange).
• Develops process for managing TDP (Technical Data Package) depository.
• Establishes CM processes such as Item Master, BOM, Change Control to support MRP (CostPoint) implementation.
• Establishes CM processes on manufacturing data used by machining centers.
• Establishes CM processes tailored to projects based on customer requirements.
• Assist in drafting tasks when required.
• Must be capable of safely handling government-furnished equipment and materials.
• Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
• Perform other duties as required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must possess a solid understanding of ASME/ANSI drawing standards.
• Experience with SolidWorks EPDM required.
• Must have the ability to generate and edit workflows within SolidWorks EPDM required.
• Experience with SolidWorks required.
• Experience with AutoCAD required.
• Capable with personal computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access), scanners, printers, copiers, and other related office equipment.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance if required by the contract.
• Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
• Must be detail oriented and through.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Related Field or equivalent.
• Two (2) years applicable Configuration Management experience.
• Thorough experience using Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) or similar configuration management software.
• PDM Professional Administrator training preferred.
LSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification and drug testing.