BIM Project Data Coordinator State Prog Admin Coordinator
At MnDOT, we are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. How would you like to serve as one of Minnesota's BIM Project Data Coordinator State Prog Admin Coordinator? Duties include:
Primary Responsibilities Include:
The purpose of this position is to serve as the agency-wide coordinator for Building Information Modeling (BIM) defined process and use of technology to integrate 3D/4D/5D CAD civil-engineering models with project business information and data. It will promote agency adoption of BIM and provide high-level management and support for its use in the MnDOT project and asset business lifecycle: Planning > Design > Letting/Bidding > Construction/Inspection> Asset Management > Planning. Effective outcome of that work will result in an agency Common Data Environment (CDE) data management that reduces duplication, improves reliability, and maintains security while providing timely access. The role will also work with upper management, legislative liaison, and serve as the expert on behalf of MnDOT at conferences, legislative meetings, when needed.
As the agency-wide BIM expert, you will investigate and seek to improve data connection and exchange between business-technology systems. Four goals of this position are: (i) agency adoption of BIM as a business process for project data coordination, access and sharing ; (ii) integration of BIM CAD models with other agency business technology systems (AASHTOWare, P6, TAMS, CHIMES, SWIFT, CAATS); (iii) advance digital delivery and management for MnDOT projects by migrating document-based project content into tabular or geo-spatial data systems for agency wide data search, reporting and data-analytics; and, (iv) reduce data-duplication between systems by implementing common storage, access and sharing methods.
The position holder will maintain awareness of MNIT managed technology platforms with respect for data storage, data management, access management that may affect internal and external project partner business activities.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
11 paid holidays per year
Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
13 paid sick days per year
Vision Insurance available
Defined pension plan
Paid life insurance
Paid Parental leave
Short & long-term disability available
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable, and leading-edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Three years advanced professional (10L or above) OR three years of advanced para-engineering experience (Engineer Specialist/ Senior or equivalent) in the following areas below:
(**Qualifying scenarios above must demonstrate the respective years of experience in the following areas below):
- Experience researching and analyzing system functionality and business processes in order to propose/develop business best practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of strategic planning, operations and risk assessment/management;
- Experience documenting and conveying system functionality and enhancements to consultants and Mn.IT staff;
- Knowledge of engineering phases: civil-design, construction-inspection, civil public work projects-construction management to analyze each engineering function in AASHTOware system modules and data management systems;
- Knowledge of MicroStation/GEOPAK software for design, AASHTOWare Project and GIS systems for asset management and spatial data query/reporting, MnDOT Pay Items and Asset Systems;
- A valid Minnesota driver's license.
APPLY ONLINE BY 4/14/2021:
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers
2. Click "External Applicants".
3. On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID "43590" in the Keywords search box and click Search.
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
5. Click Apply.
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other - MN Jobs.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.